Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Student News

Sub Navigation

Top

Sign up for the News Update.

Home > breadcrumbs: For Students & Families > breadcrumbs: Student News >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

APH InSights National Art Contest and Exhibition

APH InSights, an annual juried competition and exhibition, is organized by APH for artists of all ages with vision loss. International in scope, this project reflects the organizations mission to "promote the independence of blind persons" by encouraging individuals to create original works of art.

294 artists entered the 2016 contest.  This year's international contest includes several entries from China.  In other years, APH has received artwork from artists who live in Australia, Japan, Canada, Latvia, and other countries.

9 student artists from Iowa submitted artwork for the 2016 InSights Art competition, which includes 4 students who attend the Nebraska Center for the Education of Children who are Blind or Visually Impaired (NCECBVI).  The five other students attend public schools in Iowa.

Of the 9 students, one student won first place in the contest for his category, and 4 were selected to be exhibited in the show, as follows:

• Nathan, exhibited in 2016 show, "Captain Jack Sparrow Mask," paper mask, paint, mixed media 

•   Captain Jack Sparrow mask by Nathan

• Lillie, exhibited in 2016 show, "Valentine's Chocolate Box," mixed media

• Drew, exhibited in 2016 show, "Coil Pot," ceramic

•    Clay basket b Drew

• Eli, exhibited in 2016 show, "Gray Matter," mixed media.

• Reece, First Place, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Grade Category, "4 Seasons," mixed media, oil pastels, paint, glitter and chalk.

Pictured below with his artwork is Reece an Iowa student, which received first place at the annual event.  Reece and his family attended the ceremony held in Louisville, Kentucky to receive his first place award.

Congratulations to Reece, Nathan, Drew, Lillie, Eli and all of the Iowa students for their outstanding artwork.

Resse and his award winning artwork

Back To Top