Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Student News

Home > breadcrumbs: For Students & Families > breadcrumbs: Student News >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Training Opportunities

The National Braille Association's annual conference is virtual this year and all sessions are free. You need to register ahead of time, though. There are 2 classes for paras this year.

1. Communication and Collaboration Between Teachers (TVIs), Transcribers, and Paraprofessionals

Description: The working relationship between Teachers for Visually Impaired Students, Paraprofessionals supporting visually impaired students in the classroom, and Transcribers who produce materials and support blind students is an important component to ensuring the success of students. This workshop will demonstrate how paraprofessionals can best support students who are blind and/or visually impaired under the direction of the TVI; how communication and collaboration occurs in the preparation of and /or creation of student materials, and how the three work together as a team to ensure student success.

Presenter: Jana Hertz, Chair, NBA Transcriber and Educator (T and E) Services Committee

2. Basics 101 for Paraprofessionals

Description: How often are paraprofessionals assigned to their positions without training of any kind? All too often! This workshop will cover the basics of working with students with visual impairments: the role of a paraprofessional, “do’s and don’ts”, and how to best support the student in his/her classroom and educational environment. If you have never had any training, this workshop will open your eyes and set you up for success!

Here is the link to the other sessions being offered. They are at the bottom of the page.

Back To Top